Teaming up for animal health, in the interests of animals, their owners and society at large. This is the mission that GD has stood for for almost a hundred years and that they champion every day. With some 500 employees, they work every day with a great deal of innovation and passion for the health of farm animals and companion animals. GD does this together with animal farmers, veterinary practices, governments and the business community. Based in Deventer, GD realised a turnover of approximately €60 million in 2018.
GD's strategy is focused on continued expansion of international activities. The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities, focusing on new revenue models and identifying opportunities for GD in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions.
As a Business Developer you are responsible, together with the Manager Business Development, for identifying and developing new business opportunities, in particular in cooperation with integrations and foreign laboratories. GD develops its own concepts, which are then marketed via distributors. From a veterinary perspective you will make a crucial contribution to the development and realisation of GD's international ambitions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Identifying developments and opportunities at international business partners;
• Developing and substantiating market plans;
• Establishing cooperation agreements with international partners;
• Coordinating content, planning and resources with the internal GD organisation in order to realise new business opportunities;
• Providing veterinary advice in the development of Business Development.
The ideal candidate is an enterprising veterinary specialist who has a good overview of developments in the (international) veterinary sector. The main requirements for the position are:
• Academic working and thinking level (veterinary training);
• Commercial insight and excellent communication skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of international contractual and legal matters relating to cooperation agreements and acquisitions;
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant areas of veterinary medicine;
• Able to motivate and lead a team of employees in a matrix structure;
• Able and willing to travel internationally.
Deventer/Home-office – 30% travel
In addition to a challenging job in a dynamic team and a competitive salary, GD offers you an attractive and broad package of employment conditions. GD has its own collective labour agreement and additional regulations. The employment conditions package includes a fixed year-end bonus, 25 vacation days and 11 short working hours days, flexible working hours, the possibility of exchanging employment conditions, contribution to health insurance premiums and an excellent pension scheme.