Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With over 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
The Product Development Engineer will perform the product development activities from concept phase until production to ensure that project costs and timelines, as well as other project objectives are being met, and products can be introduced successfully. The engineer will also participate and drive best practice for mechanical design.
If you are interested in new developments within the field of mechanical engineering as well as engineering as a whole this could be a perfect match! Since you’ll be working closely with automation, process, technology and CE colleagues for developing and improving machines or systems. As a Development Engineer you’re working in a team of 7 or 8 persons. The way of working is through agile, working with sprints to get focus on short term successes and to keep the progress.
- Manage design for manufacturability, design for supply chain, total cost and investments and project timeline
- Be the link between the design teams and other functions in the organization and assures a seamless introduction of new products into the market
- Coordinate continuous improvement activities to improve the performance of products that are being produced
- Deliver design specification and drawings on Branded Processing Units and lines
- Provide support in mechanical design area to other areas like sales and issue resolution.
- Breakdown and plan the project into phases and fulfil the plan and project milestones in time and in full according to budget.
- Drive productivity in development projects through utilization of re-useable solutions, standard component list and processes
- Perform lessons learned and provide input for improvement or development of processes, templates and tools.
- Train others
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position within food industry
- Proven ability to understand design concepts and have a clear track record of developing products that meet all development objectives (design, costing, quality, and delivery).
- Solid technical skills and understanding of process technology
- Understanding of installation needs and customer operations at site
- Good knowledge of necessary standards, guidelines, tools and methods for process design
- Proficient user of CREO-elements or Autodesk Inventor, MS office
- High level of English both verbal and in writing. High level in Dutch is beneficial
- Result oriented approach, with the aim for improvement
- Commitment and enthusiasm on the job,
- Both technical and commercial approach with a structured and independent way of working
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to travel occasionally
At Tetra Pak you can make a serious difference in a leading international player that offers attractive employment conditions with global opportunities.