With more than 11,000 employees active in 32 countries and net sales of €5.6 billion in 2016, Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and aqua feed. Nutreco's advanced feed solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Innovation, sustainability and quality are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for livestock farming and aquaculture. Its two global company brands Skretting (aqua feed) and Trouw Nutrition (animal nutrition) have sales in over 90 countries. Nutreco is a wholly owned subsidiary of SHV Holdings N.V., a family-owned multinational with net sales of €18.6 billion in 2016.
As the Global Formulation System Lead you will be responsible for the functional application management of our feed formulation system Bestmix®. You have to ensure that Bestmix® can be used optimally by end users within our operating companies and global functions with the Animal Nutrition business worldwide. This means that Bestmix® must be technically up-to-date and the end users have the know-how and skills how to make use of Bestmix®. In this perspective you will organize and manage trainings for the users and are responsible for training material and documentation. Furthermore you are responsible for the roll-out and implementation of the system and will execute internal audits on Formulation & Bestmix® use in our Operating Companies.
The role reports to the Global Nutrition & Formulation Manager.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Nutritional Database Management (central standards & guide lines on feed nutrients, raw materials and matrix values).
- Organize and manage end user training classes.
- Prepare presentations for training programs.
- Administer application and provide technical expertise in development and execution of Bestmix® application.
- Coordinate with departments and prepare technical reports, training materials and documentations for end users.
- Technical data maintenance in Bestmix® database and equations.
- Responsible for roll out and implementation of Bestmix®.
- Coordinate with senior level analyst and assist end-users and stakeholders to resolve and lay out required information infrastructure.
- Provide support to infrastructure facilities and ensure smooth adoption of Bestmix®.
- Assist in Formulation Academy.
- Execute internal audits on Bestmix® use in OpCos.
- Part of Supply Chain Productivity Assessment with Operation Excellence team.
- Animate the network of OpCo’s formulators.
- Bachelor- or Master degree in a related field (Chemistry, Animal Science or Food Science);
- 6 years’ experience with linear programming software (preference for experience with Bestmix® or other formulation related applications) including 3 years as formulator in a plant;
- Proven project management experience;
- Good understanding of Animal Nutrition formulation;
- Intercultural experience;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Additional language is a plus;
- Willing to travel.
Other required competences:
- Communicates clearly and effectively in multiple locations/disciplines;
- Result oriented with strong end-user focus;
- Cultural awareness;
- Pro-active and hands-on;
- Project management skills;
- Animation & coaching skills.
Boxmeer, the Netherlands and international travel
- Working in an international organisation which is an innovative global leader in animal nutrition;
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities;
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits.