With more than 11,000 employees active in 32 countries and net sales of €5.6 billion in 2016, Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and aqua feed. Nutreco's advanced feed solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Innovation, sustainability and quality are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for livestock farming and aquaculture. Its two global company brands Skretting (aqua feed) and Trouw Nutrition (animal nutrition) have sales in over 90 countries.
Nutreco is a wholly owned subsidiary of SHV Holdings N.V., a family-owned multinational with net sales of €18.6 billion in 2016.
The NCT is seeking to enhance agility, professional skills and standardization in the design process and project supervision in general with strong focus on the Process discipline.
The Process Engineer will add an extra dimension to the team by developing and securing technical standards for process equipment that support the business strategy in animal feed production and to a somewhat lesser extent fish feed production.
Building or expanding production sites: within Nutreco the Nutreco Capex Team (NCT) is globally responsible for all production related Capex projects with an expected total cost of €2.5m or above. As co-owner of large investment projects, the Nutreco Capex Team will leverage Best Practices and internal knowledge, to maximize value of projects whilst minimizing risk and Total Costs of Ownership. The NCT today, consists of a team of design engineers and experts on various disciplines, supporting the Regional Investment Managers (from the Bu’s), and the dedicated project managers. Apart from its own staff, the NCT also makes use of additional internal and external resources. Roughly, the activities of the team are (1) driving the design-process, (2) supporting the project management teams and (3) supervise project activities and progress. The role reports to the Manager Capex Team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Focus on elaborating, maintaining and developing standards for process / manufacturing equipment together with the operational/technical networks, NCT and other stakeholders;
- In close operations with OET developing productivity diagnostics methodologies and recommendations;
- You ensure the proper application of Nutreco standards of Standard Operating Procedures (so called SOP’s), HSE, Quality, and Technology in the design (as well as execution) phase of each project;
- Includes Quality & Food Safety requirements and lean manufacturing into the standards;
- Contributes significantly to reduce Total cost of ownership and Time to Market of Capex projects;
- You will ensure application and execution of best practices / lessons learned in the design and project management for the various NCT projects in Nutreco;
- Support, lead projects on process design during engineering phase;
- Validates and supports the implementation of process projects related to capacity increase, productivity, new products, energy reduction, safety improvement and technical innovations;
- Contributes to the development of global and local technology suppliers together with the NCT.
- Higher education or university degree in a technical direction;
- Technical insights about machinery and materials science;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a manufacturing / process industry environment in feed, pet food or food;
- Good understanding on topics as SHEQ;
- Fluent in English.
- Inspire and engage others
- Systematic and conceptual thinking
- Willing to travel regularly
- Working in an international organisation which is an innovative global leader in animal nutrition;
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities;
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits.