Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and aqua feed. Nutreco's advanced feed solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Innovation, sustainability and quality are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for livestock farming and aquaculture. Its two company brands Skretting (aqua feed) and Trouw Nutrition (animal nutrition) have sales in over 90 countries.
Our mission – Feeding the Future- captures a big challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. Our responsibility is twofold: on the one hand, we need to make a significant contribution to meeting the rapid increase in worldwide demand for food; on the other hand, we need to find the right balance between realizing growth and making responsible choices for people and planet. Nutreco is ideally positioned to positively influence global sustainability. We believe in three core elements to future success: strategy execution, innovation and competence of our people. Our values; capable, caring, collaborative and innovative are supportive to those three core elements.
Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and expertise for building its future. Nutreco employs over 11,000 people in 32 countries with net sales of € 5.6 billion in 2016. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SHV Holdings N.V., a family-owned multinational with net sales of €18.6 billion in 2016.
The Corporate Sustainability Manager is primarily responsible for the design, implementation and reporting of various sustainability initiatives at Nutreco. This is achieved through close collaboration with the Nutreco Sustainability Platform (NSP), which is made up of five sustainability representatives including the Corporate Sustainability Director to whom you directly report. The job is highly varied with range of internally focused projects that require close liaison with employees from different departments and locations around the world, as well as external projects with relevant stakeholders from the feed-to-food value chain.
As Corporate Sustainability Manager, you work together with various stakeholders to translate sustainability strategy into actionable policies and procedures to assist the business to achieve its sustainability goals. You are also responsible for communicating the results of these activities both internally and externally through various written and verbal formats. Further to this, you are actively engaged in external networks and are well informed on relevant sustainability topics.
- Develop sustainability policy in consultation with (internal) stakeholders
- Assist Corporate Sustainability Director in managing monthly Nutreco Sustainability Platform meetings
- Participate in external, multi-stakeholder platform initiatives and positions Nutreco well in driving sustainability change;
- Work together with various departments to implement and communicate the strategy throughout the global business;
- Motivate and support the business to embed sustainability in the organization by setting concrete KPI’s;
- Develop and delivers the yearly sustainability report and manages the external review process;
- Assist in the design and implementation of community development and engagement projects;
- Support the business to obtain third party certification;
- Prepare reports and presentations to senior management;
- Keep track of worldwide developments and trends and communicates these to the business in a timely and effective manner;
- Build and maintain relevant external networks and maintains stakeholder contacts.
- Master’s degree in related field (sustainability, environmental science)
- >10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of sustainability
- Experience working with GRI and knowledge of the new GRI Standard
- Ability to manage virtual teams (OpCo Nuterra Champions)
- Have a broad global network in sustainability issues/initiatives
- Good communicator and public speaking skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Good data analysis skills
- Result driven
- Well established network within sustainability area
- Able to travel internationally on a frequent basis (30-50%)
- Excellent people skills
- Immune to stress
Amersfoort, Provincie Utrecht
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture
- Exposure, due to the multitude of contacts, with people in operating companies, Divisions and Corporate Management in different cultures all over the world
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key-stakeholders
- A pleasant international working environment
- Internal development programs within Nutreco and SHV
- Insight in all the Nutreco operations, the management processes and risk management
- An excellent remuneration package and 39 leave days (holiday + shorter working days)