BioChek is a fast-growing veterinary diagnostic company that provides its customers with an accurate, reliable and easy-to-use animal health monitoring system for the poultry and swine industries. This system consists of a broad range of ELISA and qPCR test kits, the BioChek ELISA Assay Robot and the BioChek Monitoring Software. BioChek was founded in 1997 and operates in most countries of the world with a manufacturing facility in the UK, a USDA licensed facility in the US and the commercial head office in the Netherlands. Find out more about BioChek on YouTube or biochek.com.
BioChek has a strong reputation in the market for their technical support activities in relation to their products and services. In this position your role is empowering, selecting, coaching, and retaining qualified staff that will contribute to unit goals and the company. The BU Manager Swine will be responsible for growing and strengthening the Swine business according to a set growth rate. The success is based on a strong focus on product quality combined with excellent technical support.
Growing the business will be achieved be geographical expansion, optimizing penetration in certain markets, new production introductions, new applications of existing products and promotional activities. Strengthening the product portfolio will be done by continuous software improvements and implementation of other support tools.
You will provide direction and guidance to sales managers and directors. You will provide technical advices for current products, but also work on the introduction of new products. It’s your responsibility customers know why and how to use the BioChek Swine products through frequent customer contact, preparation of product presentations and FAQ manuals, publication of articles, analysing market developments and performing competitive product analyses.
Additionally, you also source critical test samples and create data-packs for new and current products. Together with your colleagues in sales, marketing and R&D you work on building BioChek’s image as a trusted supplier of Swine diagnostic kits. You mainly work from the office in Reeuwijk and report to the COO.
- Education in veterinary medicine or life sciences.
- Professional experience in Swine health. Either as a practicing veterinarian or in a related capacity.
- Excellent understanding of customer needs concerning Swine diagnostics.
- Proven experience in writing (scientific) articles and giving presentations.
- Highly proficient in English both in speech and in writing.
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Good presentation skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Organized and systematic
- Engineering minded (analyze, solution, documentation)
- Ability to self-study and learn quickly
- Dutiful, honest and creative team player
- Able to travel
- Motivated by customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
This position brings you a real sales challenge in a dynamic international working environment. BioChek offers a competitive salary package. And perhaps most important: a pleasant work place!