Cefetra is a global supply chain manager headquartered in Rotterdam that is specialized in agricultural commodities. Sister company Cefetra Feed Service BV has the focus on small commodities, niche products and logistics. Both companies are part of BayWa Agri Supply & Trade and are positioned as supplier/seller in markets which require expertise in all the key areas of the commodity value chain. Supplies come from within the BAST entities as well as from the international markets. Customers are the feed, food and fuel industries. Developing specialty business is key for the company. The aim is to extend its functional activity with specialty products to diversify the overall portfolio. To accelerate this process the company is looking for an experienced business development manager.
Working for this supply chain manager is operating in an international environment. The company originates and distributes in many countries. Their multilingual and culturally diverse office environment reflects this.
The purpose of the position is to extend the network of the company, add new products and market additional products to new and existing customers. The Business Development Manager reports to the Managing Director Cefetra Feed Service.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identifying new products and new business partners by means of market research (market infrastructure, trends, regulations etc.);
- Attending conferences, meetings, industry events or other means of generating new potential partners (suppliers and customers);
- Contacting both existing and new partners via email or phone to generate dialogue and set up meetings;
- Consult with traders and managers on new business opportunities;
- Work closely together with other internal colleagues to meet customer needs;
- Strategic planning to initiate and launch new business.
We are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious and confident professional. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is on the ball and resilient. You have strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Naturally you’ll be able to work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A technical, business administration or commercial degree (e.g. Wageningen University or other Bachelor Education in the field of Agriculture, Food/Feed science and a commercial background);
- Demonstrated ability to create and build relationships with internal and external parties;
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a similar environment;
- Perfect command of the English language (both verbal and written), Dutch and German are preferred;
- Strong business sense of how to develop, grow and maintain sales revenues.
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland – Home office
- The possibility to work in rapidly growing global company;
- A dynamic work environment with short lines and a strong focus on your development;
- Excellent working conditions (primary & secondary).